Congratulations to the APS staff, community and business members who earned the Superintendent’s Quarterly Awards for the first quarter of the 2010-2011 school year. The ceremony recently took place at the new Professional Learning & Conference Center immediately following the PL&CC Grand Opening.
Superintendent’s Quarterly Awards recognize outstanding parents, staff and community members who make a difference in the lives of APS students. Superintendent Barry also congratulated staff members who have recently earned advanced degrees and certificates.
Congratulations to the following winners:
- Steve Hamilton, Principal at Columbia in the category of Administrative and Professional/Technical Employee
- Susan Hamilton, Principal's Secretary at Montview in the category of Classified Employee, Elementary
- Leobardo Caloca Cortes, Custodian at Gateway in the category of Classified Employee, Secondary
- Ron Gries, Exterior Operations Lead at Maintenance & Operations in the category of Classified Employee, Support
- Thomas Kielmeyer, Music Teacher at Wheeling in the category of Licensed Employee, Elementary
- Janelle Kirkley, Math Teacher Leader & 3rd Grade Teacher at Side Creek in the category of Licensed Employee, Elementary
- Sherry Keck, Literacy Teacher at South in the category of Licensed Employee, Middle School
- Marc Small, Social Studies Teacher at Rangeview in the category of Licensed Employee, High School/Pickens
- Dorothy Einertson, Parent at Aurora Central in the category of Parent
- Leo Beserra, Community Volunteer at Aurora Central in the category of Community/Business Member
Learn more about the Superintendent’s Quarterly Awards and nominate someone online for the upcoming second quarter awards.
Quarterly Award Winners Slideshow