Congratulations to the staff members, parents and local business partners of Aurora Public Schools who earned a Superintendent’s Quarterly Award for the first quarter of the 2012-13 school year. Their efforts and caring ways were recently honored during a ceremony at the Professional Learning & Conference Center.
Superintendent’s Quarterly Awards recognize outstanding parents, staff and community members who make a difference in the lives of APS students. Award winners touted their students and coworkers for making their jobs an enjoyable and priceless experience everyday.
Congratulations to the following winners:
- Jeannie Bagley, Parent at Aurora Frontier K-8 in the category of Parent
- Lyza George, Teacher at Montview Math & Health Sciences Elementary School in the category of Licensed Employee, Elementary
- Piper Hendricks, English Language Acquisition Coordinator in the Category of Administrative and Professional/Technical Employee
- Josh Jones, Assistant Principal at Sixth Avenue Elementary School in the category of Assistant Principal
- Jessica Milliser, Teacher at Altura Elementary School in the category of Licensed Employee, Elementary
- Vicke Sherbon, Manager, Cook II, Nutrition Services at Aurora Central High School in the category of Classified Employee, Secondary
- Also recognized were Nutrition Services staff members Young Suk Kim, Diane Roach, Paula Van Ardoy and APS Nutrition Services Director Mona Martinez-Brosh
- Monique Taylor, Teacher at Aurora Central High School in the category of Licensed Employee, High School
- Lisa Trujillo, Secretary at Murphy Creek P-8 in the category of Classified Employee, Elementary
- Jeanne Ulrich, Principal at Dartmouth Elementary School in the category of Principal
- Lisa Walker, IT Governance Manager at Chipotle Mexican Grill in the category of Community/Business Member
- Joan Wortham, Teacher at Aurora West College Preparatory Academy in the category of Licensed Employee, Middle School
- Karen Yanta, Secretary, Athletics and Activities Department in the category of Classified Employee, Support
For more information about the Superintendent’s Quarterly Awards, visit aurorak12.org/staff/quarterly-awards.