The APS Construction Management and Support Department has released the master project schedule and bond implementation timeline for the 2016 bond. The $300 million bond measure was approved by voters in November 2016.
Plans are underway for bond-funded construction projects at the below APS schools during spring 2017:
Mrachek Middle School:
Vista Peak Preparatory:
Additions and Building Renewal
Did you know?
- The 2008 bond created approximately 1,584 local jobs during the seven years of the construction program. The 2016 bond will continue to support Aurora’s economic
- The 2016 bond is funding $300 million in construction and technology improvements that will benefit every school in the district.
- Bond funds will provide technology improvements including new computers, computer network and telephone system upgrades and cutting-edge classroom technology.
- The Colorado Department of Education has awarded APS a Building Excellent Schools Today (BEST) grant to partially fund the rebuilding of Mrachek Middle School, with bond funds covering the remaining cost.
- Bond projects support academic success because students learn best in modern, comfortable learning environments.
- Bond funds can only be used for capital construction or technology improvements. They cannot be used for any school district costs such as staffing, educational programs, materials or operations.