Below is a summary of their accomplishments, which showcase the athletic skills they have gained to implement their plans for the future.
Hinkley High School
The T-Birds finished third as a team in State in 5A Boys
5A State Champions:
– 4x200m Relay- Casey Sharpe, Oscar Sarabia, Angel Heredia, Darrien Wells (School Record, fastest time in Colorado in 2017)
– Darrien Wells- 400m Dash (Back-to-back Champion, fastest time in Colorado since 2015)
– Angel Heredia- 300m Hurdles (Back-to-back Champion)
– Sierra Arceneaux- 200m (8th)
– Darrien Wells- 100m (2nd), 200m (2nd)
– Angel Heredia- 110m Hurdles (3rd), 400m Dash (6th)
– Oscar Sarabia- 300m Hurdles (8th)
Gateway High School
– Kevin Traylor – 7th place, Long Jump
Rangeview High School (Pictured above. Photo by Courtney Oaks of the Aurora Sentinel.)
– Dawnie Lewis Finished 2nd in the 200M Dash in 5A, She also finished 3rd in the 100M Dash.
– Chance Walker-Chambers finished 2nd in 5A Long Jump and Matt Thomas Finished 8th in 5A Long Jump.
– Chance Walker-Chambers also finished 4th in the Triple Jump in 5A
– The Girls 800 Sprint Medley Relay of Ayana Brown, Ty Norman, Dawnie Lewis and Jasmin Finished 3rd in 5A.
– The Girls 4x100M Relay of Ayana Brown, Ezi Ozoma, Jasmin Bowman, and Dawnie Lewis finished 5th in 5A.
– The Boys 4x100M Relay of Chance Walker-Chambers, Matt Thomas, Diondre Johnson and Kaleb Starling finished 10th in 5A
– And Jasmin Bowman finished 10th in the 400M Dash in 5A.
Vista PEAK Preparatory
– Raina Branch was 9th 200m and 5th in high jump
– Kamry Scott was 8th in 400m
– Mikayla Jones was 8th in high jump