General Education Development (GED) Candidates
GED Testing Center & Office
2014 brings a new computer-based GED® and your newGED® experience begins with MyGED™. To get ready for the 2014 GED test, register with GED Testing Service® by creating an online account at www.ged.com, your start-to-finish tool for the 2014 GED® program. Once you have created your online account, you will be taken to a new portal called MyGED™. There you will find information about the new test, connect to study resources, tutorials and testing tips, pre-tests and college and career information. You will also schedule testing appointments and pay for your tests on your MyGED™ page. Then come to the testing center for your appointments, pass the four tests and earn your credential!
Upcoming GED Testing Dates
- GED Testing Dates in July-August 2015
- GED Testing Dates in June 2015
- View the APS GED Testing Schedule Calendar
GED Test Content
The 2015 test has four subjects:
- Science (90 minutes)
- Mathematics (120 minutes)
- Social Studies (90 minutes)
- Reasoning through Language Arts (155 minutes)
(Cost: $37.50 per subject)
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age (16 year-olds apply for an age waiver through the state GED office)
- You must have a valid, government-issued picture ID with date of birth and signature. When you register with GED Testing Service®, enter your name exactly as it appears on your ID.
Please note: You are required to bring your ID to each testing appointment. If you do not have your ID, you will not be allowed to test and forfeit your original payment. You will have to re-schedule your testing appointment on MyGED™.
- We suggest you start with the free practice tests available on MyGED™ at the bottom of the Study tab.
- We highly recommend that you take GED Ready™: The Official Practice Test also on the MyGED™ Study tab.
In addition to familiarizing yourself with the format, content and computer skills needed for the 2014 test, GED Ready™ gives you diagnostic information to help improve your scores. GED Ready™ is $6 per subject.
- GED Testing Service® has implemented a discounted re-test program for the 2014 GED. Every student is eligible for two discounted retakes for each GED® subject taken. The discounted retakes ($17.50) are valid for twelve months after the initial test attempt. Students can test three times on the same subject with no wait time between appointments. Then there is a 60-day waiting period before your next attempt on that subject.
- All tests are available in English and Spanish.
- We recommend you take just one or two tests per day to perform as well as possible.
- No computer? No credit or debit card? Other questions? No problem! Contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
Call 303.326.2112 or email us at email@example.com
APS Testing Center is located at:
Pickens Technical College, 500 Airport Boulevard, Bldg E, Aurora, CO 80011.
To find us: Turn into the main Pickens driveway. At the stop sign, turn left and proceed around side of Pickens buildings to next stop sign. Our mobile is straight ahead. Drive around the mobile and park on the east side of the building. Our testing center sign is by the stairs for our entrance. The testing center is down the hall on the left.
In addition to the GED, we offer certification and industry tests available through PearsonVUE.