International Baccalaureate schools offer internationally recognized programs that prepare students for competitive colleges and careers while developing a genuine love of learning and international understanding.
- Engage students by showing how learning is relevant to the real world.
- Provide students with a rigorous curriculum that challenges them to become global-minded.
- Lead to a qualification that is recognized by leading universities around the world.
No Place for Hate
The No Place for Hate campaign fosters harmony and an appreciation of diversity in schools. Participating schools must promote respect for individual and group differences while challenging prejudice and bigotry. To be designated as No Place for Hate, students and staff must complete a year of anti-bias and anti-bullying training.
Two APS programs support dropouts who wish to return to high school and earn their diplomas:
- The Rebound Ombudsman program provides personalized instruction, behavior intervention, social skills training and life management skills training in a technology-rich environment that enables students to progress at their own pace.
- The Futures Academy provides 100 high school dropouts with the opportunity to re-engage in their high school education and transition smoothly into community college or career-technical educational opportunities.