Most schools in APS are on Summer Break. Fifth Block of Instruction takes place 5/26-6/25.
- Learn more about Fifth Block of Instruction and which schools are participating.
- View Fifth Block bell schedules.
- View Fifth Block bus schedules.
Please check with your child's school for more information.
- on local television and radio stations
- on the APS website
- on Facebook and Twitter
- on the APS Emergency Line (303-326-1080)
- on the APS mobile app
- and sent to parent phones
When inclement weather hits Aurora, APS Support Services staff work to determine how the weather will impact the school day.
How Weather Conditions are Assessed
APS staff members assess conditions beginning just after midnight to determine the impact on operations. Should we need to close schools or delay the start of the school day, the superintendent and staff will make the decision as early as possible.
Once a decision is made, information about the decision is shared as soon as possible with all media, posted on the APS website and mobile app, Facebook and Twitter, recorded on the APS Emergency Line at 303-326-1080, and sent to parent phones using our automated messaging system.
Delayed Start Times
Should APS staff make the decision to delay school, the school day would begin one hour later than normal. Staff members are expected to arrive at school as close to their regular start time as is safely possible as some students will arrive on time.
APS buses will pick up students one hour later than normal. Our top priority is to keep students and staff as safe as possible.
Please note: A delayed start does not change regular pick-up times at the end of the school day.
- Read the School Closure Frequently Asked Questions.
- Read the FAQ on rain delays, early dismissals and closures.
Local Weather Information
Links to Current Aurora Weather Updates
- AccuWeather (most frequently updated)
- The Weather Channel
- CNN Weather
- National Weather Service
- Yahoo! Weather