We are pleased to announce the 2nd Annual staff recognition program, Recognizing Excellence, which honors APS staff members who demonstrate outstanding dedication and commitment to accelerating student achievement. We will honor staff members in the following categories:
- Classified, Licensed, Principal/Assistant Principal at each of the following levels:
- Elementary (includes Early Childhood Education)
- Middle School
- High School
- Classified and Administrative/Professional Technical at non-school sites (ESCs and other support sites)
Principals and department leaders will nominate staff members for the award. The nomination should include two examples of how the staff member has accelerated learning for every APS student, every day, as well as a copy of the staff member’s Unified Job Description. You may access the nomination form here.
The nomination deadline is Tuesday, April 14th at 4:00 p.m.
A committee, made up of representatives from the Classified Employee Council, School Executives of Aurora and Aurora Education Association will select the winners based on established criteria. We will notify winners on Monday, April 20th.
APS will honor winners with a special plaque and recognition at the May 5 Board of Education meeting. The winners’ photos and nomination summaries will be posted on the APS website.
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATIONS HERE!
- Nominate a licensed employee.
- Nominate a classified, administrative or professional/technical employee.