Contact Carolyn Lamb at x28053
APS Superintendent's Quarterly Awards
Do you know someone who goes above and beyond to help APS students become successful? If so, nominate this person for a Quarterly Superintendent's Award.
APS Superintendent Rico Munn recognizes outstanding parents, staff and community members who make a difference in the lives of APS students. Nominees may earn awards in the following categories:
- Classified employee, support
- includes employees in the divisions of superintendent, human resources, instruction, finance and support services who are not based in a school
- Classified employee, elementary (2)
- includes paraeducators, educational assistants, custodians, kitchen and office staff members
- Classified employee, secondary
- same as above for K-8, middle schools, high schools, Pickens and Options
- Licensed employee, elementary
- Note: two awards per quarter
- includes nurses, specialists, itinerant, exceptional student services, classroom teachers, etc.)
- Licensed employee, middle school
- includes nurses, specialists, itinerant, exceptional student services , classroom teachers, etc.
- Licensed employee, high school
- includes nurses, specialists, exceptional student services, classroom teachers, etc.
- Note: Licensed employees not assigned to a school may be nominated in any of the above licensed categories.
- Assistant Principal
- Administrative and professional/technical employee
- includes departmental administrators and professional/technical employees
- includes any parent of an APS student
- includes community members and business leaders who have made a positive impact on APS students
Students, parents, staff and community members may submit nominations online:
- Nominate an APS Principal or Assistant Principal
- Nominate an APS Employee, Parent, Community or Business Member
(Classified Employee, Licensed Employee, Administrative & Professional/Technical Employee, Parent, Community or Business Member)
In conjunction with the School Executives of Aurora (SEA), new criteria have been established for nominating Principals and Assistant Principals for the Superintendent's Quarterly Award. The new criteria are aligned with state and national awards and will also be used by the district to recommend assistant principal and principal of the year.
A committee made up of the following employee groups will select the winners.
- Classified Employee Council, two members
- Aurora Education Association, two members
- School Executives of Aurora, two members
Awards Recognition celebrations will take place each quarter. Photos of the winners will be displayed on a "Wall of Fame" in the administration building and posted online.
Teachers who have earned advanced degrees will also be recognized.
Annual Award Winners
Superintendent Munn and the APS Board of Education will honor all quarterly winners at a celebration at the end of the school year. They will also select and recognize an annual winner from each category of quarterly winners.
- First Quarter
- Sep. 7 – Nominations Close
- Sep. 12 – Selection Committee Meeting
- Sep. 19 - Awards Assembly
- Second Quarter
- Oct. 26 – Nominations Close
- Nov. 7 – Selection Committee Meeting
- Nov. 14 - Awards Assembly
- Third Quarter
- Jan. 11 – Nominations Close
- Jan. 16 – Selection Committee Meeting
- Jan. 23 - Awards Assembly
- Fourth Quarter
- Mar. 8 - Nominations Close
- Mar. 12 – Selection Committee Meeting
- Mar. 20 - Awards Assembly
- May 1 – Annual Awards Banquet
- View 2011-12 Annual Award Winners
- View 2010-11 Annual Award Winners
- View 2009-10 Annual Award Winners
- View 2008-09 Annual Award Winners
- View 2007-08 Annual Award Winners
- View 2006-07 Annual Award Winners
- View annual and quarterly award winners