Vista PEAK 4th Annual Talent Show
STAMPEDE OF THE STARS
It is here again! Our 4th Annual Talent Show and it is just around the corner.
If any students would like to showcase their amazing talents, please click the links
below for important information to get started:
A Night of Dance, Art, Music & Empowerment
- Parents & Social Media
- Salsa Dancing
- My teenager is out of control and I don't know what to do!!! Real parents…real talk
- Wellness via Yoga
- Building Relationships, Respect, and Resolving Conflict with your Student
- Line Dancing 101 (Cha-Cha-Slide & Two Step)
- Cultural Painting Course
Parent University Menu (English)
Vista PEAK Exploratory has a new partnership with ONE Yoga studio! ONE Yoga is co-owned by Sherif Sakr and George Karl of the Denver Nuggets. Check out their website: http://www.oneyogadenver.com/
Starting Tuesday, October 8, yoga classes will be offered every week for all staff and community members at the Exploratory in room C-124 (across from the staff lounge). Classes will taught by a ONE Yoga certified instructor every Tuesday from 4-5pm, and every Wednesday from 7-8pm. Payment is by donation only, so you get to name the price! Mats are provided. We are hoping for a big turnout, so please tell your friends, spouses, and community members about this opportunity (adults only please). Download a flier by clicking here.
For our Spanish speaking community, Aide Rivera (a parent of a 5th grader at VP), is teaching yoga on Monday and Tuesday evenings in SPANISH from 6-7pm. Payment is donation based. Please help spread the word to our Spanish speaking community!
On Thursday evenings from 6-7pm, Dana Zervas will be teaching a class for all staff and community members. The Prep cheerleaders will be providing childcare so parents can attend class. Payment for childcare is $5 for the first child, and $2 for each additional sibling.
Hello, my name is Andrea Yahner and this will be my second year at Vista Peak Exploratory serving as the school counselor for grades pre k-8th grade. I am very excited this year because we have put a lot of new plans in action revolving around social emotional teaching.
Some of our new initiatives are:
- Every Wednesday from 2:40-3:10 all classrooms will do a social emotional lesson. The lessons were created by our School Psychologist and our new Dean Amie Seese and myself.
- Some of the topics will include: Bully prevention, Self Control, Organization skills, Empathy, Self-Acceptance, Accepting responsibility for mistakes, just to name a few.
- We have a new Military Family Life Counselor, Janet Buntrock. She will be working with our military students this year. Janet Buntrock can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once a quarter we will be having our PEAK Choice awards. Teachers will nominate one girl and one boy from their class who have shown great character and they will receive a certificate and be honored at a school assembly. 5th-8th grade students will also be nominated by their teachers.
- During our first power session I will be offering 6th-8th grade students the opportunity to be trained to be a school wide peer mediator. Peer mediators help students who are involved in a conflict and can't handle it themselves. Mediators act as the third person to help them talk out their problem and come to a win/win solution.
Support Mrs. Yahner's students. Give to a project today!
Vista Peak PBIS Team Walmart Cash for Schools Program
With Cash for Schools, a school earns cash back of up to 4% when someone shops online at Walmart.com.
School Supply Lists