Exciting improvements will take place at APS this school year as design and construction begins on more bond-funded projects.
Security vestibules will be constructed at 11 schools throughout the district this year. These will provide an added measure of safety at each building’s entrance. Security vestibules will be added at 10 additional schools in future phases of this project.
Rangeview High School will receive a six-classroom addition and a two-classroom remodel, which will add capacity and provide space for new programs. In addition, construction on the Vista PEAK Preparatory additions and Mrachek building replacement is underway and will continue throughout the school year. Both projects are expected to be complete in summer 2018.
Other upcoming bond-funded projects include:
- Multiple sites -
- Solatube skylights to improve classroom lighting
- PA system and camera updates
- Technology and wireless access updates
- Montview Elementary - design work for a whole building remodel
- Aurora Central High School - mechanical repairs
- Side Creek Elementary - parking lot improvements
Thank you to Aurora voters for approving the $300 million bond measure in 2016. Bond funds will make improvements at every school and benefit every student. To learn more about APS bond projects, visit bond.aurorak12.org