It’s September and that means winter sports is right around the corner at Aurora Public Schools. APS offers athletic programs for all middle and high school students. These programs include basketball, swimming, soccer, wrestling and more.
Participation in athletics is designed to promote school spirit, provide a healthy outlet for energy, improve student morale and increase community involvement and support.
If you are a middle school student and would like to get involved in a winter sport, please contact your school to fill out any necessary paperwork.
If you are a high school student and would like to sign up for a winter sport, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your high school’s athletics page
- Click on “Register for Sports”
- Create a profile
- Pick your sport and fill in all of your information
- All documents must be read and agreed to
- Bring your current medical and physical participation fees to the athletic office
- You are registered for a winter sport!
Did You Know?
More than 2,000 APS students participated in high school athletics during the 2017-18 school year. More than 4,000 middle school students participated in an athletic activity. This includes a record number of female athletes at the middle school level.
For information about APS athletics and activities and a complete list of middle and high school programs, visit athletics.aurorak12.org.