In a matter of days, students, families and staff will begin a new school year in Aurora Public Schools. For most schools, the first day of school is Aug. 6 for grades 1-12. Preschool and kindergarten students start school on Aug. 12.
- First Days of School: Students in grades 1-12 will have a simultaneous start on Aug. 6. As we have done in the past, preschool and kindergarten students will start school the following week on Aug. 12.
- Full-Day Professional Release: APS eliminated the half-day student early release to ensure uninterrupted learning. There are now five full professional release days held Sept. 27, Oct. 21, Dec. 6, Jan. 6 and Feb. 28, in addition to the district in-service day on Jan. 31.
- Fall Break: APS will continue to have a full-week Fall Break held Oct. 14-18 with Oct. 11 and 21 slated as student non-contact days. It occurs at the end of first quarter to ensure uninterrupted learning.
- Thanksgiving Break: APS will maintain a three-day Thanksgiving Break for students. It will be held Nov. 28-29 with Nov. 27 slated as a student non-contact day.
- Winter Break: APS will continue to hold Winter Break at the end of December and the beginning of January. It will be held Dec. 23 through Jan. 3 with Dec. 20 and Jan. 6 slated as student non-contact days.
- Spring Break: APS moved Spring Break from the last week of March to the third week of March. It will be held March 16-20.