The first day of school looked different this year in Aurora Public Schools, but one thing remained unchanged - there were no shortage of smiles as students in grades 1-12 met with their teachers and fellow peers remotely for a rigorous day of learning.
Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, APS spent a great deal of time preparing our students and staff for success. This included:
- Creating and rolling out an online learning platform;
- Distributing more than 18,000 technology devices to students;
- Establishing and staffing a mental health support hotline;
- Enhancing student access to eBooks and tripling their usage;
- Partnering with providers to increase internet access and delivering hotspots to students; and,
- Providing free meals to students, families and others in the community. Since mid-March, APS has served over 1.8 million meals.
While this year will certainly look different, our dedication to serving and supporting our families and community will never change. We remain committed to helping our students shape successful futures.
Welcome to the 2020-21 school year!