APS Parents and Guardians,
We would like to share information with you about a unique short-term job opportunity to support our students during in-person learning. APS is hiring classroom monitors to assist teachers with educational activities for students. The position is for the remainder of the school year.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enforcing established health and safety requirements including students' mask use and social distancing
- Supervising students in all aspects of the school environment
- Following the daily academic schedule as set by classroom teachers
- Maintaining a classroom environment that is respectful and conducive to student learning, reporting concerns to school administration
- Providing positive behavior support to students as needed
- Providing technical assistance to students while they are engaged in virtual instruction
The position pays $13.37 per hour. Applicants must pass a required background check.
The job qualifications include working with school-age children and having at least a high school diploma or equivalent.
If you are interested please contact your child’s school to learn more or apply here.