In fall 2021, APS convened a Calendar Committee that included APS parents, staff and community members. At the Jan. 18 APS Board of Education meeting, the committee recommended calendars that are responsive to supporting student achievement.
The Board approved both calendars at the Jan. 18 meeting. Below are a few highlights for the 2022-23 school year. Please note that the dates listed here are student non-contact days combined with each break. Non-contact days are when students have no classes and no contact with staff. We encourage staff to view their contracted days listed on their specific conventional work calendars, which will be posted here.
- First Days of School: Students in grades 1-12 will have a simultaneous start on Aug. 9. As we have done in the past, preschool and kindergarten students will start school the following week on Aug. 15.
- Fall Break: APS will return to a full-week Fall Break from Oct. 14-21.
- Thanksgiving Break: Students will be on Thanksgiving Break from Nov. 23-28.
- Winter Break: Winter Break will remain as the last two weeks of December. Students will be out Dec. 16 through Jan. 3.
- Spring Break: APS will maintain a full-week Spring Break from March 10-20.
- Last Days of School: The last day of school for preschool students will be May 24. The last day of school for students in grades K-12 will be May 25.
Please note that individual school calendars may vary. Check with your child’s school for specific calendar information. Graduation information will be available at a later date. To view district, event and staff calendars, visit aurorak12.org/calendars.
We look forward to the new calendars supporting us in helping every student shape a successful future. Thank you for your continued support.
Mark Seglem, Chief of Staff
Aurora Public Schools
We're sorry this was not useful for you!
Let us improve this!
Tell us how we can improve this.