APS is excited that all Coloradans ages 5 and older are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. We are partnering with STRIDE Community Health Clinic, the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE), the Tri-County Health Department (TCHD) and Jogan Health to host FREE vaccination clinics for our families. The clinics will be open to individuals ages 5 and older.
You do NOT need to be a U.S. citizen to receive a vaccine. Providers cannot require ID before offering you a vaccine. Also, state and local public health agencies will NEVER share your information for any immigration or law enforcement purposes.
Vaccines are free of charge and will be provided by appointment only. Please register and make your appointment at the links provided above. You will need to register each individual in your family separately. STRIDE or CDPHE staff may ask you for ID and proof of insurance. However, you do not need to provide an ID or proof of insurance to receive a vaccine.
- Everyone signing up must be at least 12 years old by the date of the COVID vaccination. Anyone 12-17 years old must arrive with a parent or legal guardian in order to be vaccinated.
- STRIDE or CDPHE will be offering the Pfizer vaccine only. Once you get your first Pfizer vaccine, you will be automatically scheduled for your second dose approximately three weeks later. Please note that you are considered 95% protected against COVID-19 infection two weeks after your second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
Preparing for your Vaccine
These are drive-through events. Everyone should remain in their cars throughout the vaccination process. However, if you are registered for the event and are taking public transportation, you can walk up to be vaccinated.
STRIDE or CDPHE staff may ask you for ID and proof of insurance. However, you do not need to provide an ID or proof of insurance to receive a vaccine.
Eat something and drink some fluids prior to arrival for your vaccination.
Wear a t-shirt or top that allows for easy access to your upper arm without having to remove clothing.
Below are a few of the important reasons why Coloradans should get vaccinated from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
- So we can go back to the Colorado we love: Getting as many of us vaccinated as possible will hopefully allow us to achieve widespread community immunity so we can get back to the things we love. This past year has been tough, and we have suffered through a lot. The vaccines will help us get back to work, back to spending time with family, and back to a more normal life.
- To help protect people from getting COVID-19: Getting the COVID-19 vaccine is an effective way to stop people from getting really sick or dying from COVID-19. Being vaccinated means that you are protected from getting seriously ill. It may also reduce the chance that you could spread COVID-19 to others who are more vulnerable.
- The vaccines are free whether or not you have health insurance or are a U.S. citizen: The vaccines are free. Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance will cover the cost of the COVID-19 vaccines. In addition, uninsured Coloradans will have access to free vaccines. Providers cannot turn away anyone because they can’t pay for the vaccine or don’t have health insurance. Providers also cannot require ID before offering you a vaccine.
Want to learn more about the importance of COVID-19 vaccines?
View the following multilingual videos from New American Neighbors that help explain the importance and safety of vaccinations. In addition to English, you can view the video in Amharic, Arabic, Dari, French, Nepali, Pashto, Somali, Spanish, Swahili and Tigrinya.
More Information about COVID-19 Vaccines
If you would like to learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine, visit the Colorado Department of Health and Environment’s website. The CDPHE website also has information about where you and your family can sign up to get vaccinated including several community vaccination sites. You can also call the Colorado COVID-19 hotline at 1-877-268-2926 to ask questions and for assistance to get signed up for vaccination. The hotline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The State of Colorado is offering $100 Walmart gift cards while supplies last to anyone who receives a first or second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at a participating state-operated vaccine site. We are offering these gift cards ahead of the back-to-school season to encourage eligible individuals and families to get fully vaccinated by the fall. As we continue our recovery from the pandemic, vaccination is the key to making sure we come back strong and healthy in time for school.
Click here to learn more.