Required Financial Transparency
Public School Financial Transparency Act
(Commencing July 1, 2017)
- District Adopted Budget - Including Uniform Budget Summary (current and prior two years)
- District Financial Audit (current and prior two years)
- Salary Schedules or Policies (current and prior two years)
- Financial Data File for FY16-17 and FY15-16
- List of Waivers Received by the School District
- Other District-Specific Financial Information
- Link to Financial Transparency for Colorado Schools website: https://coloradok12financialtransparency.com
Disclaimer: Please consider the context when evaluating financial transactions. Some transactions may appear improper on the surface but are perfectly normal and justifiable when placed in the proper context. We welcome your questions regarding our financial transactions or records.
District Informational Summary
Aurora Public Schools (Adams Arapahoe 28J) is the fifth largest school district in the state of Colorado with a current P-20 enrollment of more than 40,000 students in 64 schools and over 5,000 staff members. Our students come from more than 130 countries and speak more than 150 languages.
The demographic breakdown of our students is:
- Asian: 5.1%
- Black: 18.5%
- Hispanic: 54.9%
- Native American: 0.6%
- Native Hawaiian/ Pacific Islander: 0.7%
- White: 15.6%
- Two or More Races: 4.6%
Our students also receive:
- Free/Reduced Lunch: 68%
- Special Education Services: 10%
- English Language Learner Services: 36%
APS owns 888 acres of land, 54 school buildings and 14 support sites totaling nearly 5 million square feet of building space with a current replacement value of over $750 million.
The annual Aurora Public Schools budget for 2016-17 is $371 million. Seventy-three cents of every dollar from the operating budget goes directly to support the instructional programs in Aurora Public Schools.
Brett Johnson, Chief Financial Officer
Phone: 303-365-5813, extension 28913
Gina Lanier, Controller
Phone: 303-365-5810, extension 28921
Aurora Public Schools
1085 Peoria St.
Aurora, CO 80011
Colorado Department of Education Office of School Finance
Many of the files above are saved in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). Download the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these files.